Fr. Art O’Shea will speak on Bishop Peter MacIntyre at St. Andrew’s Chapel on Sunday July 8th at 2pm. Born in Cable Head in 1818, MacIntyre was the third bishop of the Diocese of Charlottetown. He supported of Catholic education on the Island by making improvements to St. Dunstan’s College, and in the building of St. Patrick’s School for boys in Charlottetown. This school later became Queen Square School. In concern for the health of the people he pushed for the opening of the Charlottetown Hospital in 1879, the first one on the Island. St. Andrew’s Chapel is 2 miles east of Mt. Stewart on the St. Peters Rd. Admission is by donation and a luncheon will be served.
July 8, 2018 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm